Abee is no longer supported
I am unfortunately unable to continue developing and supporting Abee. The latest release doesn't support
the newer fields added to contacts in OS X Lion and Mountain Lion. However it may continue to function for
the older fields with those newer versions of OS X. Your mileage may vary.
I leave Abee here as a free download, but it is no longer possible to purchase the application.
Thank you all for your support over the years!
July 22, 2009
Abee (aka Address Book Importer) is a utility to import contacts into
Apple's Address Book application on Mac OS X. It works with CSV
or tab-delimited files, and gives you complete control over how the import
is done. In no time, your hundreds of contacts are stowed away in the
Mac OS X central address book, where they can be used by any
application. And if you need to perform an import on a periodic basis,
your import mapping can be saved for future uses.
Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6!
Download Abee 2.0.8 (Universal Binary, zip format, 4.1 MB)
Download TouchBase Pro Fixer (zip format, 23 KB)
- New Universal Binary.
- Improved Easy user interface reminiscent of Address Book itself.
- Allows to import contacts from tab-delimited files.
- New Allows to import contacts from CSV files.
- Improved Support Mac OS X 10.2 through 10.6
- Specific support for TouchBase Pro users.
- Localized in English, French, German and Dutch. More languages to come.
- New Support for unlimited number of fields.
- New Implemented notification of updates, at launch or manually.
- New Support for partial imports.
- New Ability to save and reuse import mappings.
- New Support for different file encodings.
- New Support for drag and drop.
- 2.0.8 Maintenance release.
- 2.0.7 Fixed dates imported as December 31, 2000.
- 2.0.6 Added German localization.
- 2.0.6 Fixed endianness issue on Intel Macs.
- 2.0.5 Address Book Importer is now a Universal Binary!
- 2.0.5 Fixed Anniversary field imported with "LabelAnniversary" label.
- 2.0.4 Fixed problem where the labels of the Related Name field were not localized during import.
- 2.0.4 On Mac OS X 10.2, fixed problem where launching Address Book was failing silently.
- 2.0.4 Fixed a crash on Mac OS X 10.2.
- 2.0.4 Fixed parsing of dates that don't specify a century to use 1900.
- 2.0.4 Added a splitter control between the two lists so they can be resized.
Go to the Help page.
Contact me if you have any question or need any help.